Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday
The Director of Client Services provides oversight and leadership for the Client Services Team at Wagner Hills. This includes providing supervision of staff for those aspects of their work that involve counselling, intake and treatment planning, consulting with community mental health providers, and program. The Director of Client Services & Program makes recommendations about program elements related to counselling concerns of residents and develops programming to meet these needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Reports to the Executive Director and works with the Director of Operations to integrate the counselling program elements with spiritual mentoring and work program.
- Develops and maintains counselling elements of the Wagner Hills program and ensures that they are research based, effective, are consistent with the values and vision of Wagner Hills and that they can be implemented by staff and volunteers, including policies and procedures.
- Manages and develops the Client Services team including performance assessments and career development.
- Works with the Program Manager to develop program content and ensure effective delivery.
- Supports the Program Manager with curriculum development and community connections.
- Provide hiring approval for all Client Services team staff.
- Liaise and consult the intake department on qualifying applicants and adjusting personal service plans.
- Supervises counsellors, occupational therapists, social workers and other contractors who contribute to resident’s personal service plans.
- Liaises and consults with community professionals who are involved in treatment including medical and mental health professionals (GP’s, nurses, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, vocational specialists, etc.).
- Available for consultation with Client Services team and other staff regarding mental health and addiction issues that arise.
- Recruits volunteers with specific training (nursing, counselling, occupational therapy, etc.) to augment what is provided for residents.
- Oversees outcome measures; how programming and resident success is measured, how this is documented and how the information is used.
- Works with program directors and information management to select accrediting bodies and to implement all requirements for accreditation or certifications.
- Develops policies for intake and dismissal.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Psychology, Social work, Clinical or Counselling.
- Minimum of five years experience in a counselling practice, clinical practice, or a health authority.
- Minimum two years experience in a management role.
- Experience in program development.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with addiction, post-traumatic stress, and mental health concerns.
Reports to: Intake Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
The men’s campus receptionist & chapel administrator assists with office administration and creates a hospitable office environment for guests, residents and staff. This person provides exceptional customer service over the phone and in person. They also build community partnerships with volunteer worship leaders, handle the booking and hosting of worship leaders, recruit and mentor residents for assisting with chapel times, and maintain and oversee the use of all instruments and audio/visual equipment. They are organized, proficient and professional.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Answer phones and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Greet visitors and volunteers
- Take and distribute messages and mail to residents
- Assist residents with office tasks
- Book appointments for residents as needed
- Direct office traffic
- Sell WH Swag and maintain inventory
- Direct cleaning team to ensure office is tidy and organized
- Compile reports as instructed by department managers
- Assist department managers with administrative tasks
- Build a network of volunteers who can lead instrumental and vocal worship music for chapel times
- Ensure instruments and audio/visual equipment are in working order
- Operate and/or overseeing the operation of audio/visual equipment during chapel
- Administrate the volunteer application process, including conducting reference checks and ensuring all documents have been received
- Forward complete volunteer files to appropriate departments for follow-up
- Proficiency in Office 365 suite is an asset
- High school education is required
- Minimum of one year experience working in an organizational setting as an administrative assistant or receptionist preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill in demonstrating hospitality and professionalism towards volunteers through spoken and written communications.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Ability to coordinate activities that are required on a schedule
- Ability to work with an attitude of service towards board members, society members, donors, staff, residents
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR WAGNER HILLS?
We would ask those who feel called to work at either our Men's Campus or Women's Campus to please submit a cover letter and resume to the online application form. All applications will be kept on file.