Reports to: Women's Campus Director
Hours: 24 hrs/week (Tuesday to Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm)
The Market Assistant works in collaboration with the Market Manager and the Women’s Campus Director to create a successful, positive and inviting Market environment for residents, customers and volunteers. This person is creative, enjoys working with their hands, organized and able to build a great rapport with residents and volunteers who are involved with the Market.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Work Instruction – product assembly instruction to residents and volunteers, teach new skillsets to residents in program
- Product Development – tracking trends, researching products to add to the Market offerings
- Prototype Development – hands on work developing new products, including assessing cost efficiency and sourcing supplies, work with Market Manager to add new products to work program
- Assist with Work Schedule – resident work program task breakdown, build rapport and relationship with residents
- Assist with pop-ups and events when needed
High School education is required
Strong interpersonal skills & team-oriented
Excellent organizational skills
Hands on experience with creating handmade products (ex. Sewing, jewelry, knitting, candles, etc.)
Interest and knowledge in design trends (colour palettes, décor, interior design)
Ability to teach basic skills to those with little or no experience
Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
Ability to manage projects independently
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner
Reports to: Culinary Director & Operations Manager
Hours: 25 to 30 hours/week
The Kitchen Manager oversees the kitchens for both the Men’s and Women’s campuses. He/she also oversees any food preparation and service for offsite or extracurricular events. They are also responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchases, preparation and maintenance of food quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness.
Responsibilities and Duties
•Creates and oversees the weekly menu planning.
•Plans and leads execution of all daily menus, establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipes for all new menu items. •Orders all food items required, from approved vendors, for the weekly menu and has experience in multiple forms of inventory and online ordering systems.
•Ensures expenditures are within the approved budget.
•Oversees all food preparation by volunteers and residents.
•Maintains clean and sanitary kitchens while also maintaining an already established relationship with Fraser Health. •Responsible for training kitchen personnel, residents and volunteers as well as the safe operation of all kitchen equipment & utensils.
•Ensures all kitchen personnel, residents and volunteers have the required certification and training to work in the kitchen. •Handles, stores, and rotates all products safely.
•Receives and utilizes all food donations maintaining “first tier” donation classification.
•Caters in-house events and meetings as requested including budgeting, shopping preparation and clean-up.
•Build, train and follow up with a team of weekend cooks.
•Training and experience in working in an industrial kitchen serving large groups.
•Ability to manage the budget for multiple kitchens and functions.
•Ability to manage ongoing changes in personnel as residents and numbers of people served changes weekly.
•Ability to work with a diverse team in a residential treatment center.
•Supervisory experience is an asset.
•Ability to train and to use the context of working in the kitchen to teach life skills.
•Exceptional communication skills and comfortable working in a social environment.
•Ability to problem solve and be a mentor & leader.
Reports to: Director of Counselling
Hours: Up to 24 hrs/week
The Counsellor is responsible for providing Christ-centered counselling and teaching at Wagner Hills. They are able to lead or co-lead groups as needed and may also be involved in teaching classes or portions of classes. They are part of the Counselling Team and participate in creating and maintaining the Counselling Program at Wagner Hills. They are supervised by the Counselling Director and may also participate in supervising practicum students who are completing clinical practicums at Wagner Hills from Counselling Psychology or Social Work programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Provide weekly Christ-centred counselling to the residents who come to Wagner Hills
- Support residents to experience personal healing and recovery
- Assist residents to find healing in the important relationships in their lives such as in their marriages, with their children, or with extended family and friends
- Complete initial and ongoing psychological assessment of residents to determine treatment needs
- Lead and co-lead groups that are part of the Counselling Program. These may include topics such as Grief, Assertiveness, Anger Management, Relapse Prevention, Trauma etc.
- Teach classes as needed and when the topic covered is an area of knowledge or expertise
- Work with the Counselling Team to ensure that the Counselling Program is meeting the needs of the residents who come to Wagner Hills
- Participate in resident personal service plans when necessary (conducted on a monthly basis for each resident)
- Consult when needed with the Counselling Director and other counselling or program staff. Function as part of the Wagner Hills team in supporting resident’s recovery.
- Assist in supervising practicum students who are completing diplomas or degrees in Counselling Psychology or Social Work or other related fields
- Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology or Social Work. Registration with the appropriate clinical registration body.
- Minimum two years experience in a related area or ideally in an area of Mental Health and Substance Use.
- Training and experience in working with addiction, trauma, and mental health disorders.
- Ability to lead or co-lead groups
- Ability to teach classes in specialized areas related to psychological well-being, addictions, trauma etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse staff in a residential treatment facility
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR WAGNER HILLS?
We would ask those who feel called to work at either our Men's Campus or Women's Campus to please submit a cover letter and resume to the online application form. All applications will be kept on file.