Reports to: Women’s Campus Director
Hours: 40 hrs/week (Monday to Friday, some Saturdays required)
The Market Manager works with the Women’s Campus Director to create a successful, positive and inviting Market environment for residents, customers and volunteers. This person is creative, organized and able to build a great rapport with residents and volunteers who are involved with the Market. They are organized, professional and have business management and leadership skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Create an annual business plan and work with the team to execute plan in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Budgeting – working with WC Director and accounting team to create annual budget, revenue and expense tracking on a monthly basis
- Sourcing and pricing – sourcing vendors and materials, including donations from businesses, doing price comparisons for cost-effective purchasing, coordinating pick up or delivery of materials
- Product Development – in collaboration with the WC Director and team, research and identify potential products, market evaluation, collaborative brainstorming on product design
- Administration – attend weekly WC staff meetings, meet with WC Director on a regular basis to create goals, team collaboration for pop-ups, events and annual planning
- Supervise Work Program – with support from the team, lead resident work program, assist with resident support and teaching product making, build rapport with residents
- Wood Shop liaison – continual communication with wood shop team on orders/needs
- Inventory – restocking, materials count, order for product, create standard inventory lists for pop-ups
- Volunteers – recruitment and follow-up with potential volunteers, building relationships with the community for more volunteer opportunities, scheduling volunteers for work program, market Saturdays, pop-ups and events, host quarterly events such as volunteer info and recruitment nights
- Pop-ups and events – create standardized layouts for various pop-up setups, inventory stock per event, balance cash and items sold at each event, schedule volunteers/residents/staff working at events
- High School education is required
- Business management certificate an asset
- Previous experience in retail management an asset
- Experience in annual budget planning, budget and expense tracking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner
*Please submit application by clicking on the link below.
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR WAGNER HILLS?
We would ask those who feel called to work at either our Men's Campus or Women's Campus to please submit a cover letter and resume to the online application form. All applications will be kept on file.