Reports to: Women's Campus Director
Hours: 24 hrs/week (Tuesday to Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm)
The Market Assistant works in collaboration with the Market Manager and the Women’s Campus Director to create a successful, positive and inviting Market environment for residents, customers and volunteers. This person is creative, enjoys working with their hands, organized and able to build a great rapport with residents and volunteers who are involved with the Market.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Work Instruction – product assembly instruction to residents and volunteers, teach new skillsets to residents in program
- Product Development – tracking trends, researching products to add to the Market offerings
- Prototype Development – hands on work developing new products, including assessing cost efficiency and sourcing supplies, work with Market Manager to add new products to work program
- Assist with Work Schedule – resident work program task breakdown, build rapport and relationship with residents
- Assist with pop-ups and events when needed
High School education is required
Strong interpersonal skills & team-oriented
Excellent organizational skills
Hands on experience with creating handmade products (ex. Sewing, jewelry, knitting, candles, etc.)
Interest and knowledge in design trends (colour palettes, décor, interior design)
Ability to teach basic skills to those with little or no experience
Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
Ability to manage projects independently
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible manner
Reports to: Counselling Director
Hours: 24 hrs/week
The Personal Service Plan Manager oversees the development and implementation of personal service plans for each resident as required by the Assisted Living Act; these are conducted monthly. He/she works with each resident, building relationship and creating and following through on goals. They also work with the team to build and oversee the residents who stay on for the second-year program.
RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
- Reports to the Counselling Director and works with the clinical team to identify and implement strategies for goal-setting with each resident.
- Conducts a personal service plan meeting with each resident monthly. The aim is to develop a goal-oriented plan for treatment that is tailored to the needs of each resident, to measure goals and to amend and develop new goals as necessary. This can include schooling, financial/legal issues, job counselling, etc.
- Able to draw on appropriate resources and walk residents through the processes needed.
- Ensures all required documents are on file including personal service plan reports. These are entered into the WHFS database within the custom system.
- Maintains an open-door policy to assist residents with any issues that may arise daily.
- Meet with team to discuss extension of residents into second year program. This process begins well before graduation, in order to set goals for second year.
- Works with the Clinical and Operations team to develop our growing second year program.
- Facilitate and coordinate alumni program.
- High School Diploma required.
- Knowledge of the Assisted Living Act requirements in B.C. with regards to Assisted Living and Community Care facilities is an asset.
- Exceptional leadership, mentorship, and interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships and trust with residents; provide a safe environment for them to accomplish daunting tasks and goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and function calmly in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and good conflict resolution skills. Comfortable leading in an environment that can be unpredictable.
- Good clinical judgment and ability to assess resident needs, capacity, and to assist residents with setting and achieving appropriate goals.
- Experience working with addiction, post-traumatic stress, mental health concerns an asset.
- Ability to draw on all available resources and a desire to research and implement others.
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR WAGNER HILLS?
We would ask those who feel called to work at either our Men's Campus or Women's Campus to please submit a cover letter and resume to the online application form. All applications will be kept on file.