Dear Wagner Hills Family,
We want to update you on the steps Wagner Hills is taking to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to close both of our campuses to the public. This includes friends and family, Tuesday and Friday morning chapels, drop-in visitors and volunteers.
The following steps are now being implemented to ensure resident and staff health and safety:
- We have made the decision to suspend intakes at our men's and women's campuses temporarily, for the health and safety of all current residents and staff. We'll be evaluating this on a weekly basis with direction from health authorities. This will be in effect currently until at least April 14, 2020. During this time we'll still be taking applications and processing them to assist our applicants on the next steps to get ready to be placed on our waiting list.
- Residents are being asked to stay on-site and will not be leaving WH property unless there is a medical emergency. This decision is based on limited beds and no additional space to quarantine if the need arises.
- Men’s Campus second-year residents with offsite paid employment may continue to work but have been asked to move to alternate onsite living quarters and self-monitor their work environment and health - this will be supervised by staff.
- Adjustments have been made to our daily program. Guest speakers have been replaced with online tools.
- The Market will be closed on Saturday, March 21 and 28 and any future closures will be determined at the end of March.
- Staff are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing, monitor their surroundings and stay home from work if unwell.
We do not act in a spirit of fear but we will use wisdom and precautionary measures to protect the health and wellness of all residents and staff. We trust and believe God will do amazing more that we could expect in and through this time as we rely on Him to be our provider and protector.
In order to maintain the highest degree of safety and respect for our residents, we have well-defined rules and guidelines. Potential clients must understand that violating any of the following guidelines may result in immediate discharge and prevention from future enrollment in the program. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the program if potential clients can not or refuse to adhere to the set rules and guidelines.
- The use/and or possession of cigarettes, pornography and drugs, including alcohol, is strictly prohibited.
- Threats or acts of violence against fellow residents and/or Wagner Hills employees are strictly prohibited.
- Residents must medically be able to participate in the program both physically and mentally. The program requires one to be emotionally able to participate in counselling sessions, group sharing, and worship, and be committed to making healthy life changes.